Blasius

RptBob1@aol.com RptBob1@aol.com
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:25:26 EDT

Hi:

I would never prejudge the customers abilities to pay based on what I think
they can afford.  Give them a barebones rehab estimate and then another with
more "options".  Let them make the decision.

Case in point: two weeks ago I went to a first-time  customer living in a
home in the country outside of Cleveland.  The house was built in 1799- a
farmhouse- in horrible condition.  Peeling paint, yellowing all over, peeled ceilings
, clutter, cob webs, mice drippings- you get the picture.

There in the dilapidated living room sat a 1980 Steinway B in excellent
condition.  I serviced it with what it needed and left.  I subsequently found out
that the customer had just donated 8 million  (that's MILLION) dollars to build
a school addition in one of our exclusive private schools.

Go figure- and don't pre judge your customers ability to pay.  Let them make
that decision.

Bob Bergantino, RPT