Big Bushings/Cy's 2nd Question

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:50:29 -0700

Cy,
Your query: "How do these big bushings change the tuning feel, compared to
regular
bushings?  Is it because they grip the tuning pin tighter, or because they
have less friction with the pin... or maybe both?

Thanks,

--Cy--

P.S.  I see from your email headers that you're using Outlook Express.
Instead of going to all the trouble to cut and paste my message, you can do
this automatically with Tools | Options.  On the Send tab, put a checkmark
in "Include message in reply".

To answer your question: These "over-sized" bushings are larger in diameter,
(7/16") and are made out of PinBlock Material. The hole in the center of the
bushing is drilled the same as if it were the main pinblock. When you drive
the pin down through them, they expand, a bit, to make them rock solid in
the plate web holes. This will make the "pin feel", almost like an exposed
pinblock. The reason being, that the coil is closer to a "supporting hunk of
unforgiving wood.
To your P.S.: I am on the digest, so your suggestion will not work. :-(
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I