Magnetic Leverage Assisted Grand Action

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:52:27 +0200

Hi Cy, and Dale

The advantages are ease of adjustment and cost of installation. Further
it doesnt work by employing any force external to the action itself.

There are two other magnet systems, and an adjustable whippen assist
spring available to provide BW adjustability. As far as cost
effectiveness only the whippen can compete, and only then if you are
planing to replace whippens. The Key Magnet system by Velo is in the
neighborhood of 8000 USD. And the simplified KMB that Velo helped
Stanwood put together is also far more expensive.

In addition, because these (leverage assist) magnets are used directly
<<in line>> to assist leverage, they do not require so much power to
accomplish what they do.

As far as I can see, the only dissadvantage is that you need to fold
down my key magnet assembly to adjust the capstan. Not a big deal as the
whole set can be folded down and up again in less then a minute without
changing their adjustments.

[Image]

[Image]

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.

--------------89F0C60AED0370C61648D191
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--------------89F0C60AED0370C61648D191
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmailG2.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 16473 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------89F0C60AED0370C61648D191
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmailFI.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 21482 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------89F0C60AED0370C61648D191--