loose pinblocks - C/A glue ?????

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 08:52:12 -0600

Ron, Do as others have suggested use thinest with no activator, The =
moisture in the wood will set the glue.
DO USE PLENTY OF VENTILATION  and avoid breathing the fumes as they will =
sear the tender membranes of the nose.
Very loose pins may need to be treated more than once.
An individual pin or two can be treated without tipping the piano on its =
back but a paper dam to keep the glue from running down the string is =
necessary.
Brawney paper towels work great.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ron & Lorene Shiflet=20
  To: Piano-Tech=20
  Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 3:56 AM
  Subject: loose pinblocks - C/A glue ?????

  Good morning Liszt,
      Just a quick question.   Has anyone had any success doping a =
pinblock with CA glue?  If so, what viscocities???did you use =
accelerator???how deep does it seep in???etc...etc??? =20
      I just heard about it the other day and I don't remember where.  =
I've actually thought about it for years but never thought it would seep =
in deep enough to work.  Then comes the problem of curing CA glue deep =
in wood (pinblock) without accelerator.  Any thoughts would be =
appreciated.

  Thanks

  Ron Shiflet
  rlshiflet@cableone.net