String lengths

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:13:50 -0500

At 9:22 PM +0100 12/2/03, Richard Brekne wrote:
>Been trawling through the archives a bit and have a small question I am
>sure a few folks here can answer quickly enough. Given the lowest tenor
>string length, and the highest treble length, is there enough
>consistancy in how pianos are scaled to be able to project the string
>lengths of the notes inbetween ?

If I wanted to project the notes between the two ends of the long
bridge, I think I just go straight to a caternary curve for those
values, instead of getting a consensus among the piano makers.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"No, Please wait, you're all individuals" Brain Cohen, exasperated
"Yes, we're all individuals"  the throng assembled in the street
                 below his window, in unison
"I'm not..."  Lone dissenter.
     ...........Monty Python's "Life of Brian"