yamaha ga-1

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 22:31:02 EST

In a message dated 12/3/2003 7:13:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
BobRussellpiano@aol.com writes:
List, I had the same problem on a single pin in the upper treble on a GA-1.
Seems to set OK, it just can't handle a test blow. I thought about sandpaper
shim, but haven't do anything yet. I'll be curious what everyone else has to say
about this.
Bob Russell, RPT
   I've only seen this problem in an older G-3 that lived in the little Red
church in sonora calif. Sonora is a very dry climate & after 20 years in that
climate the pins would jump & pop all over the block. I mean like low torque,
push, then pop slip. Setting the pins was well.. impossible. I restrung it with
a bolduc block &fully fit the new block to the flange. Restrung with no plate
bushings. It's fine. I guess the original beech block had suffered some kind
of physical changes & who knows why. With Yamaha this is fairly rare.
   Dale