OT: Notebook Computer Batteries for sale

Rob Goodale rrg@unlv.nevada.edu
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 22:46:12 -0600

<<OFF TOPIC>>

I just got a new notebook computer.  My old computer, a Compaq 700Z, was =
only two years old.  I had the three year extended warranty and when it =
required repairs they kindly informed me that the parts were no longer =
available and that they would have to junk it.  As alternative I was =
given a brand new computer.  One problem:  The two batteries from the =
old computer do not fit the new one!

In the two years that I had my computer I almost NEVER used the =
batteries!  I did however periodically condition charge them to keep =
them maintained but mostly they have just hung around.  They are in new =
condition with nil wear.  Since I no longer have a use for two perfect =
notebook computer batteries perhaps someone out there can.  Someone =
using Reyburn or tune lab perhaps?

They fit a variety of Compaq notebook computers and perhaps some HP =
notebooks since Compaq is actually a division of HP.  The label says =
"Series CMB002A" and "Compaq part number 246437-002".  It says "For use =
with Compaq CM2090/CM2130 family of computer products".  I'm not sure =
what models that includes but probably just about all of them made =
between 1-3 years ago.  I know it was a standard battery during that =
time.

Since I have no use for these perfectly good batteries I would like to =
sell them.  I would like to make some optional modifications to my new =
computer so that would help pay for them.  I'm don't know what a fair =
price would be but they originally cost about $150.00 each.  If you =
could use these make me a fair offer and I'll probably take it.  Bargain =
time folks!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV