Notebook Computer Batteries for sale

Kuang Wang wang@datanaut.com
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:15:03 -0500

Do you still have your old broken notebook?  I may be interested.

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Rob Goodale
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 11:46 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: OT: Notebook Computer Batteries for sale

<<OFF TOPIC>>

I just got a new notebook computer.  My old computer, a Compaq 700Z, was
only two years old.  I had the three year extended warranty and when it
required repairs they kindly informed me that the parts were no longer
available and that they would have to junk it.  As alternative I was
given a brand new computer.  One problem:  The two batteries from the
old computer do not fit the new one!

In the two years that I had my computer I almost NEVER used the
batteries!  I did however periodically condition charge them to keep
them maintained but mostly they have just hung around.  They are in new
condition with nil wear.  Since I no longer have a use for two perfect
notebook computer batteries perhaps someone out there can.  Someone
using Reyburn or tune lab perhaps?

They fit a variety of Compaq notebook computers and perhaps some HP
notebooks since Compaq is actually a division of HP.  The label says
"Series CMB002A" and "Compaq part number 246437-002".  It says "For use
with Compaq CM2090/CM2130 family of computer products".  I'm not sure
what models that includes but probably just about all of them made
between 1-3 years ago.  I know it was a standard battery during that
time.

Since I have no use for these perfectly good batteries I would like to
sell them.  I would like to make some optional modifications to my new
computer so that would help pay for them.  I'm don't know what a fair
price would be but they originally cost about $150.00 each.  If you
could use these make me a fair offer and I'll probably take it.  Bargain
time folks!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV