Squeeking rep lever springs on Tokiwa wips

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:00:45 +0100

Suddenly tight : I've seen that when  Protek CLP was used on Renner Parts (I
suspected something with the graphite in the flanges) did you use some ?

Beside, I don't like assist springs for touch reasons (less control).

 Isaac OLEG

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la part
de Mark Dierauf
Envoye : jeudi 4 decembre 2003 05:19
A : pianotech@ptg.org
Objet : Squeeking rep lever springs on Tokiwa wips

  In the past year I installed two sets of "Miracle Wips", made by Tokiwa
via Pianotek. Both sets quickly developed fairly noisy squeaks where the rep
lever spring slides in the slot on the underside of the lever. I tried clear
Teflon and protek, both on the spring and in the slot, which originally had
painted on graphite. The springs are clean, and don't appear to have any
loose or missing plating or corrosion, and I've looked with a microscope.
Both pianos are in humidity-controlled environments. Both these sets are
also plagued by "Suddenly Tight Center-Pin Syndrome" with friction jumping
from 2 - 3 grams to 20 - 30 grams! After just spending several hours each on
both pianos, pulling every wip and checking/repining flanges & jacks and
lubing all the slots, the customer calls back to say: "Its baa-ack!"  Has
anyone ever run across this on any piano and found a permanent solution?

- Mark