Tone it down, please.

kenneth.gerler kenneth.gerler@prodigy.net
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 21:07:08 -0600

Alan,
Saw my first one the other day just to "look" at it (at a neighbor of a
customer). And a 1986 manufacture and, yes, it sounded bright.

UNFORTUNATELY, voicing is usually consider a customer preference and
therefore not covered under warranty. UNLESS, the customer complains loud
enough to the dealer and to prevent loosing a sale or bad PR, will pay for
some voicing.

Ken Gerler

Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:36:08 -0600
From: "Alan" <tune4u@earthlink.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Tone it down, please.

Don't see many Korean pianos here in the Ozarks.

Church has an SG-172 small Samick grand that is extremely bright to the
point of sounding harsh.

The pianist tends to play with the una corda pedal depressed to "tone it
down." They even asked if "fixing this problem" would be covered under
warranty!

Do these pianos respond appreciably to to needle voicing?

Please post recommendations based on experience, I'd sure appreciate it!

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanza, or Bah Humbug (Choose
one).

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO