tooling up for soundboard replacement

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 09:34:28 EST

In a message dated 12/6/03 1:15:38 AM, ANRPiano@aol.com writes:

<< In a message dated 12/5/2003 10:49:19 PM Central Standard Time,
HazenBannister@cs.com writes:

> have to get the board
> out,leaving the dowels in place,or so I am told.

Why?

Aren't you recapping the bridge? The new board thickness will be different
from the old board panel (probably thinner).  Save yourself the headache and
just plan on resetting the downbearing with new dowels.  Or even better a
Baldwinesq plate support system.

Andrew Remillard
ANRPiano.com
ANR Piano Service
2417 Maple Ave
Downers Grove, IL  60515
630-852-5058 >>

Hi,
 I have never done this before,and was going to send the board off to be
replaced.I was under the impression,that everything would be done there,and if I
left the dowels in,the new board would fit right in place.I have a fellow tech
helping with this,and I know little about this process,but wanted to try it in
my shop.What is the best way to un-attach the board from piano,without
damaging the piano?
Best,
Hazen Bannister