Janssen serial numbers - help

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:50:02 -0700

If I'm not mistaken, that would be Kimball...  Janssen was sold to Conn, =
and Kimball was making pianos under the Conn name...  I know that =
Kimball made a piano called the Janssen American, or some such.   Hope =
that helps.

Kevin..
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 8:58 AM
  Subject: Janssen serial numbers - help

  Friends,

  I routinely look up the age of pianos I service and record the info =
with
  my service records.  Yesterday I serviced  a Janssen console with
  serial  #305198.  My Pierce atlas has serial numbers up to 1960
  (150036), then skips to 1970 (500001), when Charles Walter purchased
  Janssen.

  Can anyone tell me where to find the age of Janssens made between 1960
  and 1970?  And who made them?  The tone is pretty rotten in the bass.

  Regards,
  Clyde Hollinger, RPT