Janssen serial numbers - help

Sat, 6 Dec 2003 17:44:28 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kevin E. Ramsey=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: December 06, 2003 3:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Janssen serial numbers - help

  If I'm not mistaken, that would be Kimball...  Janssen was sold to =
Conn, and Kimball was making pianos under the Conn name...  I know that =
Kimball made a piano called the Janssen American, or some such.   Hope =
that helps.

  Kevin..

The original Conn piano was designed & developed by Chuck Walter, Jim =
Coleman, et al while they worked for the Conn company. This piano later =
became the Janssen piano after Conn withdrew from the piano business. =
After Janssen closed down the design and the equipment were purchased by =
the Walters. It is now (after some considerable grading) the Walter =
piano.

I've no idea what Kimball may have built using either the Conn or =
Janssen name, but this wasn't it.

Del