shipping

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:50:38 EST

In a message dated 12/7/03 3:13:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
davner@kaosol.net writes:

>     Is anyone familiar with rates for shipping pianos around the country?
> How much would it cost to ship a small grand about 1000 miles (Denver to San
> Francisco)?  Who does one call?   TIA for any info.  --David Nereson, RPT

Dave,

Keyboard Carriage does a lot of long distance shipping.  They bring pianos
from the east coast to dealers in the west.  Another thing you might try is one
of the Van Lines.  They can sometimes squeeze a piano into a loaded truck.
They'll send about eight guys, and overwrap it, but they're generally pretty
safe.

The cost has generally been around a thousand bucks.

With Keyboard Carriage, I'd recommend having the piano go to a dealer,
because they usually only send a driver on a long trip.  Arrangements can be made
with a local mover once it gets here.  Where is it going in the bay area?  If it
is somewhere in my neighborhood, I'd be willing to help out on this end.

Dave Stahl