Plate Suspension--Carl Meyer

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:15:58 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2003 1:53:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cmpiano@comcast.net writes:
Dale, they come in many sizes and length.  Look at McMaster Carr on the net.
It's like a lag bolt on one end, machine screw on the other.  Put a nut on
the machine screw end and lock with (I prefer to drill and tap the side of the
nut) cut off the excess length and slot.  I usually put an internal tooth
lockwasher on top the nut so the screw won't turn after it's adjusted and you are
tightening the top nut. Use a thin (jam) nut for minimum thickness.  In your
case I would counterbore the rim to clear the nut and if necessary grind off the
boss on the plate.  Lots simpler than machining the head of the bolt.  Any
decent hardware store should have hanger bolts and acorn nuts as well.   3/4
c-bore 3/8 or 1/2 inch deep should do it.

Nice to hear from you.  Hi to Trix!

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.

Carl ---I don't know bout you but grinding plate bosses is not my idea of
time well spent. I get the drift
. One thing though, how hard are these bolts & what do use to cut 13 plus
slots in short order.