new uprights

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:48:07 +0100

>      I have a customer looking at new uprights.  Schimmel,
>      Seiler, Yamaha (U3).   I would interested in opinions on
>      these pianos particularly the Seiler which he seems to
>      really like.
>
>      David Ilvedson

All three are quality material. No doubt. I think you will find that the
Seiler has a tone that sets it apart from many other pianos tho, and I
dont mean anything negative by that at all... quite the opposite really.
But you will either like that unique quality, or not. Most notably a
sort of stretchingout... nearly to the point of thinning out, but not
quite so... the middle registers... slightly reminiscent of instruments
in the past.

Seilers hold up really well, and seem to be quite stable. Good quality
actions installed very well. No problem reccommending these to anyone.

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne