eee-ahhh (OT)

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:39:22 -0600

Avery, thanks for making me laugh.  Hey, I moved out of the land of mostly
fake trees back to where we "get" to take a hay rack ride at the tree farm,
pick out our victim and cut it down ourselves.  Like all those promising
tech tools, I have in my possession a variety of tree stands that have never
really lived up to their claims.  :-)   Actually, I am currently awaiting
the arrival of yet another stand, somewhat pricey, but friends have told me
it really works.

Now I only have to worry about the gift Santa Claus ordered on E-Bay on
October 15, which was supposed to be delivered in three weeks and has yet to
arrive (from Germany).   Santa, who was feeling pretty damn smug back then
about being able to grant the wish for a discontinued Lego set (new, in the
box!), is trying to figure out plan B.  I guess there will be a little note
on the other-than-asked-for gift.

In the meantime, Thomas, age 6, a classmate of my son, told him not to
worry about what he asked for Christmas (I relaxed and thought "Yes, Thomas,
talk about the REAL meaning of Christmas!") and then he continued to explain
that Santa's elves could take care of ANYTHING---it didn't matter how much a
toy cost or whether or not it was at the toy store. After I picked myself up
off the floor, I said, "Um, Thomas, I don't think that's how it works......"
I can't remember exactly how I put it---you can't ask for something too
expensive or other kids might not get what they want and then added a little
spiel about how Santa's elves would NEVER violate patent and copyright

Barbara Richmond, parent
(It'll all be OK.)
somewhere near Peoria, IL