interesting wood article

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:10:11 -0800

This is an interesting article, of course.  But, were it uniquely the cause, in
my opinion, or even much of a factor in Stradivarious's work the same could be
done today as such trees can be found at all times as they are exposed to
"Little Ice Age" conditions depending upon the species and its range of
altitude.  These conditions, and the forest with it migrate up and down the
slopes with conditions.   They would then be available for harvesting and use as
wood in instruments.  For example one can approach the treeline in many
mountains and once one has done so, the level which corresponds to the climate
existing in the colder weather which existed at the time referred to, has
already been passed through.
Regards, Robin Hufford