Rib dimensions

Absolute Piano absolutepiano@comcast.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:40:47 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to apply some science to my soundboard rib making and I am
looking for "tables of static values for  the Resisting Moment (W) and =
the
Moment of Inertia (I) for all the possible cross sections of sugarpine =
and
spruce (DIN 1052 Class I will suffice).

What is the formula for converting pounds/inch squared to kg/cm squared?

Given a right angle connected to the outside of an arc of a circle, how =
do
you prove the circle is 60'? (I made a jig for crowning ribs that is
adjustable and I want to calibrate it.

Thanks,

Jude Reveley, RPT