It's a Puzzlement!

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:25:31 -0500

At 11:05 AM -0800 12/10/03, Joseph Garrett wrote:
>I've checked everything, I can think of, and am at a lose. Feedback would be
>appreciated!!!!

Joe,

How are the key balance holes. If you lift the key up by a 1/16" at
the front and then let go, does it drop? With the top action off, and
lifting an offending key off both keypins, is the key significantly
"lighter" once the balance hole has cleared the top of the balance
pin?

This is an oft-overlooked source of friction.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"We mustn't underestimate our power of teamwork."
     ...........Bob Davis RPT, pianotech '97