Intuit's Customer Manager review

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:48:09 +0100

The best user configurable dbase I have seen for our use is something called
Commence. You can get a single user copy for about 40 USD, and it can do whatever
your little heart desires... but you have to be able to drive the sucker... ie you
have to be able to do dbase application <<programming>>... which really is not so
much hard as it is time consuming.

My set up keeps track of appointments,  Customer information, and Bills such that
at any time I can see all relevant information for any customer from any view. If I
am in  my calander... I can simply click on the custormer for any given time and
date and acess all bills, all appointment history, and any and all personal
information I have on the customer. You can set it up to track just about whatever
you want, however you want.

The thing also takes care of writting my bills, keeps track of whoes over due and
not, figures in VAT (a kind of sales tax) and can very easily export all relavant
information to a tax program.

It aslo functions fully as an email program editor, and can interface with palm
pilots and similar devices, and MS Outlook problem free.