Intuit's Customer Manager review

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:32:08 -0500

Joe,
         Thanks for the tips. I am currently entering or should I say=20
re-entering all of my customer database in Quickbooks. I was really hoping=
=20
that Customer Manager would be the one I needed. I may still end up going=20
with it and the Quickbooks pairing in order to make it work how I want it=20
to. My main thrust at this time is to get into something that will be=20
around for a while. No offense to either of the two that you have mentioned=
=20
but small audience programs are too likely, in my opinion, to not be well=20
supported or have a chance of many enhancements through the years. I am=20
disillusioned by the PTBiz thing with regard to either a dynamic software=20
license key or the current dongle offering from the same program. At least=
=20
the large offerings have support and a workable solution available=20
immediately if you encounter the obligatory system crash.

Thanks,
Greg

At 10:21 PM 12/10/2003, you wrote:

>Greg Newell said: "My efforts to find the Holy Grail of Piano Tuners
>Business
>software goes on! I have just received and spent a little time with
>Intuit's Customer Manager and found it NOT to be what they claim on the
>phone.
>
>Greg,
>You might have a chat with Lee Sankey. He introduced me to DataEase, years
>ago, it is really great. Of course, I had to spend a lot of time cusomizing
>it to my needs, but it is by far the best Database I've seen, (and I've=
 seen
>a bunch!)
>Also, you might take a peek at "PeakeWare", put out by Dave Peake, Portland
>Chapter. It's a work in progress, that looks promising. Especially, as it's
>a whole lot cheaper than DataEase!<G>
>Best Regards,
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
>Captain, Tool Police