touch weight changes

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:58:07 EST

In a message dated 12/10/2003 6:49:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
crbrpt@bellatlantic.net writes:
The starting downweight was over 65 grams.  After I eased the balance
centers, cleaned the center pins, put teflon powder on the knuckles,
adjusted the repetition heights and the jacks, the downweight was a pretty
even 52 grams and the guy was happy.

Two weeks later, the weight was back over 60 grams and his wrists are
hurting.. Solutions or suggestions?

Carol Beigel
     Hi Carol
   Time to check more stuff. The action centers. Damper lift that has changed
over the two years and now coming off early. Humidity. I don't Know, the
usual stuff? 65 to 52 is a pretty dramtic friction change. How much lead is in the
key & would it tolerate a bit more without causing inertia troubles?
    Dale