Touch Weight changes

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:36:08 +0100

Hi Julie

Welcome to the list. And congrats on finishing school. You make a good
point, which Dale was in and on about in an earlier post. Your "clue" in
your last statement is exactly the kind of thing that shows up
immediatly when takeing both UW and DW measurements and figureing
friction and balance weight.

The initial query was both about the recurrance of high DW, and about
the complaint of too heavy an action which was hurting the pianists
wrist.  We were given a DW of 65 to go on. Say we had 20 grams of
friction due to this hypothetical problem with humidity.... What Balance
Weight does that necessitate, and what does that tell us about the
heavyness of the action ?

Its a good puzzle as presented by Carol. And I think the immediate
response is to get more info.

Cheers
RicB

--