[Files] Customer Data Management was Intuit's Customer Manager review (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:37:40 -0000

Talking about a custom customer database, I eventually jumped into the
deep
end a couple of years ago and programmed my own using MS Access. It
took a
whole 6 months to figure out what I needed and programmed accordingly,
but
still I encounter problems with the exceptional customer; for instance a
customer who insists on a tuning more than the average frequency, or a
piano
that changes owner, but not address. Still, I managed to get the whole
lot
integrated, even with the Pierce Atlas, and the local Street Map,
billing,
quotes, post codes, my ETD etc. I found that 99 percent of the
programming
is to get it to not do what you don't want it to do!
Attached is a screen capture of my database interface which shows you
basically the fields you might require. Names and addresses are
fictitious
in this example.

AF

Graphics at: