[Files] Customer Data Management was Intuit's Customer Manager review (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:01:26 -0500

Alan,
         Looks pretty robust. I compliment you on your effort and ultimate=
=20
outcome. That must have taken while a while to do.
regards,
Greg Newell

At 10:37 PM 12/11/2003, you wrote:

>Talking about a custom customer database, I eventually jumped into the deep
>end a couple of years ago and programmed my own using MS Access. It took a
>whole 6 months to figure out what I needed and programmed accordingly, but
>still I encounter problems with the exceptional customer; for instance a
>customer who insists on a tuning more than the average frequency, or a=
 piano
>that changes owner, but not address. Still, I managed to get the whole lot
>integrated, even with the Pierce Atlas, and the local Street Map, billing,
>quotes, post codes, my ETD etc. I found that 99 percent of the programming
>is to get it to not do what you don't want it to do!
>Attached is a screen capture of my database interface which shows you
>basically the fields you might require. Names and addresses are fictitious
>in this example.
>
>AF

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Fort=E9