Fortepiano ( What's that?????? )

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:29:49 -0600

At 11:00 12/14/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>How is a  "Fortepiano" different from a
>"Pianoforte"???
>     When did "Fortepiano" come into usage???
>     IMWTK,
>     Thump

Thumpster,

The fortepiano here came into use about April 1987 when I completed a
Zuckermann rendition of a Stein instrument such as Mozart would have used.

Oh, you meant generally?  ;-}

There are fine gradations (dates, configurations, etc.), not unlike the
"square" question, which I can not currently bring to mind.  There have
been discussions on this list in the past Re: nomenclature of certain
instruments. I would refer you to the archives.

Conrad Hoffsommer

I don't care who you are, mister, those reindeer are ruining my roof.