Midgett - Bush and Gerts?

Piannerman@aol.com Piannerman@aol.com
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:28:42 EST

Hi list,

I am working on this tiny grand, didn't measure the length but it has the
name "Midgett" stenciled on the plate.  It is a "Bush and Gerts".  Pierce doesn't
give a lot of info.  I have read some subjective comments about how great a
piano it is but it doesn't impress me much so far.  Maybe after I remove 1/4"
of dust from soundboard and make all the keys actually play again---

Anyway, do any of you-all have any knowledge of this company?  Was it a
pretty good piano company back in those days?  Or just average?  (Pre-1942)  This
piano belongs to a friend and a music teacher in a neighboring county and I
would like to impress her so I would appreciate actually having some intelligent
comments to make.  Thanks.
Charles Cron