Carpal Tunnel problems

Albert Thomas THOMAAW@auburn.edu
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 03:11:46 -0600

Reply re. carpal tunnel
problems,----------------------------------------
           I have avoided surgery repeatedly and actually with no
protracted-discomfort  for 5 years by:
    1) actually practicing classical and jazz piano music, instead of
only
tuning-voicing-etc.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2) (I believe this helps, although all of this is certainly
"anecdotal" rather than "double-blind-scientific")  Taking glucosamine,
high-quality multivitamins, Omega-3s, and vitamin E..............
   3)  Using the self-acupressure techniques described by Dr. Gach of
the California accupressure college (sorry, I don't have any of the
details at the computer at which I am typing this)
      My impression, and thankfully so far my experience evidently,  is
that the practicing increases the overall circulation to and from the
hands, so much that the symptoms of carpal tunnel are
very-quickly-abated  (and to hopefully-give some credibility to my
"anecdotal histories", I do have the pre-med. qualifications plus some
years of health-medical professional experience, plus two
Piano-Performance degrees)       Obviously I am describing this in
subjective and empirical terms.......but "thank the Divine Providence"
the above system has been, and still is, working for me....in spite of
the original and still-occasional episodes of all of the classic
symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Hope this helps,
Albert Thomas
Thomas Piano Sales and Service