Carpal Tunnel problems

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:59:10 -0800

Randy
Sorry to hear of your problems.  I would avoid surgery, if at all
possible.  I know people who have had it done and the problem comes back
if you need to continue doing the same type of work.  What helped me was
my chiropractor.  Find a good one and see if that helps first.

We have had a hard time here lately.  Laurie was in a catastrophic
automobile accident on Dec. 9.  Her sister was in the car with her.
They have been at Harborview for the past nine days.  Today they've been
transferred to the rehab facility on Bainbridge.  They are lucky to have
survived, but they are both doing well.  Laurie fractured her spine and
will be in a body cast for 3 months....broken hand and foot, and some
other minor things.  Her sister has a broken hip and pelvis, but is
recovering from surgery well.  Also a broken hand and multiple head
injuries.  Their resilience is remarkable.  I have been with Laurie
everyday...taking care of what she needs and doing all the footwork with
lawyers, insurance companies, etc.  A flatbed tow truck hit them on the
highway at 50 mph.  He has sleep apnea and crossed over the highway,
hitting them head on.  We're so lucky they are alive.   It will be a
long haul for both of us as we work through the rehab process.  I don't
know when she'll be able to come home.  We'll have to get a hospital bed
and modify the house, etc.  Don't know when I'll be back to work. I
haven't been able to think about any of that yet.

Please feel free to let anyone know that you think might care.  My best
to you both.  I hope someone out there is enjoying the holiday season.

love,
jeannie

mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net