Carpal Tunnel problems

Louis Verkoelen lverkoelen@earthlink.net
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:53:20 -0800

Randy,

I have had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands. I started getting
symptoms when I was 15 but it was not diagnosed until my mid 30's. If
you do go this route, make sure you check out the surgeon and maybe get
references from previous patients.
In my case the surgery's were very successful and problem free. I was
actually working again before the stitches came out. I have also heard
the horror stories.
I have had no related hand problems in the the 15 years since. Now, as
far as shoulder & elbow problems, well that's a whole other story!!

Louis Verkoelen
California Repair Service
Big Bear City, CA.
909/584-1644

Hello to all,

Anyone out there in our business had carpal tunnel surgery?  Was it
successful?  Did it affect your ability to do your job?

After 20 years of pounding away at pianos (and perhaps not using the
best habits at all times), I'm facing the prospect of this surgery, and
I'd like to have all the information I can glean - I'm also trying to
explore non-surgical solutions.  I've heard pro and con stories on the
results of such surgery, but have not talked with anyone in our business
who has had it.

Any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy Rush, RPT