Carpal Tunnel problems

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:31:57 -0600

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Randy Rush
  Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 11:21 PM
  To: pianotech post
  Subject: Carpal Tunnel problems

  Hello to all,

  Anyone out there in our business had carpal tunnel surgery?  Was it
successful?  Did it affect your ability to do your job?
  Any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  Randy Rush, RPT
  [Paul Chick (Earthlink)]
  Randy
  I had mine done in 1980, both hands.  The surgeon opened up my wrists and
removed whatever and gave the nerves some more room.  I've never had a
re-occurance.  The only thing I cannot do is hit something with the heel of
my hand (which you should not do anyway).   No loss of strength, etc.  The
only time now my hands go numb is when I fall asleep on my arms.  Find a
hand surgeon that does a lot of these.  They usually don't do the surgery I
went through; it's a laproscopic procedure now as a rule.  Go through all
the exams to determine exactly what your condition is.  I had mine done at
the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN.  Good luck.
  Paul C