Carpal Tunnel problems

William R. Monroe A440WRMPiano@tm.net
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:24:20 -0600

Randy,

One other idea you might try.  Accupuncture.  I have not had it for my =
wrists, thought will be trying it soon, but I have had treatment =
successfully for relief of symptoms from a herniated disc in my neck.  I =
tried all the other options - chiropractic, stretching, massage, drugs, =
etc.   I got only moderate relief from any of them.  Accupuncture - 1 =
visit 1 day later and I was happy as a clam.  I really could not belief =
the relief.  It may work for you too.

William R. Monroe
Assoc.
Madison, WI
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Randy Rush=20
  To: pianotech post=20
  Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 11:20 PM
  Subject: Carpal Tunnel problems

  Hello to all,

  Anyone out there in our business had carpal tunnel surgery?  Was it =
successful?  Did it affect your ability to do your job?

  After 20 years of pounding away at pianos (and perhaps not using the =
best habits at all times), I'm facing the prospect of this surgery, and =
I'd like to have all the information I can glean - I'm also trying to =
explore non-surgical solutions.  I've heard pro and con stories on the =
results of such surgery, but have not talked with anyone in our business =
who has had it.

  Any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Randy Rush, RPT