Carpal Tunnel problems

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:17:07 -0500

--=====================_23994500==.ALT
Randy,
         Before committing yourself to ANY surgery of this nature do=20
yourself this favor. Find and buy Clair Davies book "The Trigger Point=20
Therapy Workbook - Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief". Clair has=20
been for 40 years a very successful piano technician. In order to manage=20
his pain and also to help find either help or a cure for his daughter's=20
debilitating pain he researched and found information I wish all of us had=
=20
as common knowledge our whole lives. He claims control of over 70% of pain=
=20
we humans feel. I have had some success with his methods and hope to=20
implement more of them soon. His book was a gift to me purchased at, I=20
believe, Borders. I intent to keep the gift chain alive and purchase one=20
for each of my siblings and parent. I'm sure it's also at the library and=20
even if not, if your library is anything like ours, ask, they just might=20
buy it. Hope this helps!

Best,
Greg

At 12:20 AM 12/16/2003, you wrote:

>Hello to all,
>
>Anyone out there in our business had carpal tunnel surgery?  Was it=20
>successful?  Did it affect your ability to do your job?
>
>After 20 years of pounding away at pianos (and perhaps not using the best=
=20
>habits at all times), I'm facing the prospect of this surgery, and I'd=20
>like to have all the information I can glean - I'm also trying to explore=
=20
>non-surgical solutions.  I've heard pro and con stories on the results of=
=20
>such surgery, but have not talked with anyone in our business who has had=
 it.

>Any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Randy Rush, RPT
>
>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.