turning front rail pins.....always a no-no?

Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:12:09 +0100

Joseph Garrett wrote:

> The time it takes to either turn the pins or steam the bushings, etc., is
> about half the time it takes to replace them puppies. My thought: If they
> can afford a 7footer, (you do the math Metric-wise<G>), they should be able
> to afford bushings and a whold lot more, IMO! Whether they will, is another
> question altogether. Temporary fixes are just that....Temporary. And they
> don't show you in the best light, down the road.

I aggree with all but the last bit on this one Joe. I fail to see how any of
this should reflect badly on the tech. Who knows what he / she tried to do to
talk the owners into changing the bushings... and if that fails... what should
you just leave'm loose and cackling ??

You make the best out of each situation, and thats all you can do.... about the
time bit comparison tho... you conviently leave out the time it takes to remove
the keys, drive them to your shop, rebush... drive them back and whatever
keyeasying is required to re-install. All that is time, and time is money, and
if you arent charging for it you are loosing time... or money as it were :=

> Best Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Skål !
RicB