turning front rail pins.....always a no-no?

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:19:56 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Garrett" <joegarrett@earthlink.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: turning front rail pins.....always a no-no?

> My thought: If they
> can afford a 7footer, (you do the math Metric-wise<G>), they should be
> able
> to afford bushings and a whole lot more, IMO!

Aw, come on, Joe!  What kind of thinking is this?  A person's financial
state isn't necessarily indicated by what piano resides in their house.   I
have a Steinway grand in my living room and it has nothing to do with my
income level these days (as a part-time tech and 1st grade room mother).  A
cardiologist friend of mine has a little Korean vertical in his living room.
Now, who can afford what?  ;-)

Barbara Richmond, RPT
somewhere near Peoria, IL