Key Inertia

Thu, 18 Dec 2003 00:32:19 +0100

Here's a nice problem to work out... if it is workable.... I think it more or
less goes to the point Sarah's making, and I think you are trying to
illustrate.....

What force comprised of what amount of mass and velocity is exactly enough to
accelerate the key stick to 1 m/s while having no left over energy to force the
key stick into the cushion...

That being impossible... what (force)  yields the least possible amount of
wasted energy while achieving that same 1 m/s key velocity ?

Cheers
RicB