Walnut Veneer....was Tuning Pin Dope

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:59:40 -0800

Richard asked: "Where does one find walnut veneer? Sounds like a good idea.
I have always
used sandpaper and it works good, but veneer sounds a lot better. Do you put
a dab of white glue on it, or just stick it in?

Richard

Richard,
You might try your local Refinishing Shop. Ask for the unusable scrap. Or,
you can contact Wood River Veneer, in Hailey Idaho, 83333. Phone (800)
875-7084. Tell him you want the unusable scraps. I'm sure he can supply you
with a bunch.
Oh, BTW, always use the "unbacked"/Raw Veneer. I usually wet the veneer with
a bit of spit. This softens it, so it will conform to the hole. A piece, a
little less than 1/4" wide, the FULL length of the hole (+) a smidgeon will
suffice.
Best Regards,
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)