Key Inertia

Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:10:39 +0100

I think you are right there Mark... we need a quantity we dont have,,, and perhaps a combination of momentum and energy might do
it. Recall you could get into the same (or similiar) kind of problem with energy as I illustrate with momentum below. (Sarahs
space odessy 2003 with the 1 newton marble and bowling ball)

What we need is something that shows how much inertia is needed AND how much velocity.  Because it seems obvious that a thing
needs enough inertia to overcome the inertia of whatever its asked to move... and at the same time it needs enough velocity to get
the thing moving fast enough. It needs exactly the right amount of each in order to minimize the waste Sarah pointed out... yes ??

Cheers
RicB