Cockeyed hammers / Don Gilmore

Bernhard Stopper b98tu@t-online.de
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:54:57 +0100

Don,
indeed you are right, i did a confusion with what is also called the =
"sweet spot". The sweet spot (no reaction forces) coincide with the =
pivot when the center of percussion is at the point where the hammer =
hits the string.

regards
Bernhard
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Don A. Gilmore=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 12:22 AM
  Subject: Re: Cockeyed hammers / Don Gilmore

  Bernhard:

  You don't want your pivot point to be at the center of percussion.  =
Actually that's physically impossible since your radius of gyration =
would have to be zero.  The whole point of using the center of =
percussion is that you want it to be where you strike the rotating =
object (hammer) so that it results in zero force on the pivot.

  Don A. Gilmore
  Mechanical Engineer
  Kansas City
    ----- Original Message -----=20