slow returning hammers

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 06:28:00 -0500

Julia,

What was your indication that the humidity was too high?  In summer I
could believe it, but it would be quite unusual in December in our
location.

Here is my general rule of thumb.  If the sluggishness is a problem in
the summer but not in the winter, then excessive moisture is likely the
problem, and installing a heat bar and control is likely to help.  If
the sluggishness is year round, lowering the humidity will not help, and
the problem needs to be solved some other way.  Others have already
responded with some good advice.

Bringing the action to your home to dry it out will be of no benefit if
it will be returned again to the same environment.  The piano needs to
work where it "lives."

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT