Broken Hammer Return Springs

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:00:49 +0100

For a temporaryu fix, can't a little thin piano string be used and
made to a shape that do the trick ?

I have changes those kind of springs a long time ago, indeed a second
hole to lock them seem the good method.

That is how the butt hammer return springs hold (more usual on
European pianos)

Best Regards.

P.S. A concert tuning is done on a concert piano, usually no P.R,
often not even necessary to do more than polish unissons and check the
few notes that have drifted. Not possible with an instable piano.
focus a lot on tone eveness and color.

Isaac OLEG
accordeur - reparateur - concert
oleg-i@noos.fr