Broken Hammer Return Springs

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:14:42

Hi,

Why go back? It is not a good client with a good piano but a bad client
with something resembling a piano.

It's of interest that you can tune "south of the border". I know that if I
tried to do that in North Dakota I'd have a heck of a time.

There is no difference for me between a concert tuning and a regular
tuning--except that the tolerance for pitch correction is smaller--no more
than 2 cents on any note.

At 09:34 AM 12/22/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I've had the, um, "pleasure"...ahem, of tuning an old Whitney spinet in
>Nuevo Laredo that was 128 cents flat at A4.
>(BTW, what is the difference between a "Concert Tuning" and a
>regular tuning?)
>I had come to tune a piano after much desparate pleading and had decided not
>to porter all my tools across the border.  (That's a "grey" area that could
>place tools at risk.)
>I give them the bill and then learn
>why they couldn't get a technician to come see them from Monterray (distance
>is a problem too).  They had promised to be generous when trying to get me
>to come.  When I wouldn't budge they suggested that I should give them a
>discount next time.
>I haven't decided that there will be a next time.
>Andrew Anderson

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/