Broken Hammer Return Springs

anrebe@zianet.com anrebe@zianet.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:24:02 -0700

Don,
Yeah, that would seem to be easy.  Problem is their son/daughter is on this
side and a very good client and source of referrals.
H'mm tuning across the AM/Can border?  You're just going for a day of
shopping and your wife does the shopping while you pay for it ;-)  If
stopped, "Oh yeah, tuning is my business up there in dogsled country.
That's why all that stuff is rattling around the back seat."  Receipts for a
couple of the newer tools might be helpful in a squeeze.
As a dual Am/Can citizen, my experience is that the Canadian border
Quebecous-guardettes are a lot stickier than the American counterparts.  I'd
be more worried about bringing everything back.  If they get wise to you at
the American side they'd just turn you around; after a little "brow-beating"
of-course (there might be an 11 year exclusion rule too, I'm not sure if
that applies to immigration of visiting).  Oh, I wouldn't try this while the
terrorist Threat Level is high, they've got to impress their supervisors
then.  I haven't been that far north in a while, are they getting the
Canadians to post machine-gun armed military patrols at the border crossings
up there too?  Kind of funny watching teen-age Mexicans trying to look
serious with their hardware down here.

May the Force be with you,
Andrew

PS: Thanks to William R. Monroe for a detailed response.