Yamaha vs. Samick studio pianos

PatchWick@aol.com PatchWick@aol.com
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:21:02 EST

In a message dated 12/22/2003 9:18:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lclgcnp@yahoo.com writes:
Hi Clyde,
    If that P22 is like the Georgia built Yamaha
upright I "tuned" recently RUN AWAY!!!!!
    The pins were so very, very tight that torsion in
them made settling the unisons virtually impossible,
and the chipboard cabinet core lent a soothing
"thuddy" tone, perhaps to someone's liking, but not
particularly mine.
    I prefer Kawaii.
    Thump
I tuned a brand new 'ordered-from-the-internet' Kawaii just last week. Truly
one of the worst instruments I have ever seen. The entire action bounces with
great gusto whenever any 1 note is struck. The only positive thing I can say
about the piano is that the pins are tighter than any yamaha I ever tuned, and
I tune for a dealer!

I vote for the P22 hands (and feet) down!

will