Yamaha vs. Samick studio pianos

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:20:00 -0500

In a message dated 12/22/2003 9:18:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lclgcnp@yahoo.com writes:

I tuned a brand new 'ordered-from-the-internet' Kawaii just last week.
Truly one of the worst instruments I have ever seen. The entire action
bounces with great gusto whenever any 1 note is struck. The only
positive thing I can say about the piano is that the pins are tighter
than any yamaha I ever tuned, and I tune for a dealer!

I vote for the P22 hands (and feet) down!

Will

          Will,

             I preface my comments by telling you that I'm not
associated with any dealer or manufacturer, and have no hidden agenda.

 I am very troubled by your comments. You don't elaborate on what
"ordered from the internet" means. Nor do you reference the model # of
this Kawai. If the action is "Bouncing" the key frame should be bedded,
a task the dealer would perform during routine prep.

 Does " ordered from the internet " eliminate a local dealer and if so
would this explain your problem?

            When you describe a Kawai as "one of the worst instruments
you have ever seen"  to this technician you lose all credibility. Ever
service a Kincaid? A Memphis Aeolian or Kimball Whitney? Perhaps this
particular Kawai is horrible, but let's not condemn this manufacturer to
a forum of technicians whose experience I'll wager is quite the
opposite.

            Tom Driscoll RPT

            P.S. Also list etiquette would be better served if you sign
your full name.