Yamaha vs. Samick studio pianos

PatchWick@aol.com PatchWick@aol.com
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 23:41:40 EST

In a message dated 12/23/2003 2:04:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Piannaman@aol.com writes:
A Kawai UST-7 is every bit the workhorse that a P-22 is.  I've worked on the
P-22 and the UST7, and I've found them to be really durable institutional
pianos.  Don't know much about the new Samick studios.

The only Kawais I've ever heard of being sold on the net are Digital Pianos.
I suspect some kind of shady dealer activity.  Did the piano you spoke of
come with a warranty, or was the warranty voided because of the way it was sold?
Dave,

I agree about the UST-7. I have seen many over the years, and aside from the
occaisional re-pinning of hammer flanges have had no complaints. As for the
warrantee, your guess is as good as mine. The customer was not willing to
discuss that with me. I suspect that this might be a grey market situation. I can
only guess that the customer is currently trying to get some kind of
satisfaction from the "dealer" or what ever sort of entity he purchased it from.

will wickham