"Self tuning piano" questions

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 17:46:46 +0100

Hello, very ingenious and certainly repeatable system.

That's funny this was my next question to ask if the pickup should be
able to energize the string !

Did you experiment this "overdrive" effect while the piano play ? It
could be a method to correct the sound of a piano, or to produce new
kind of tones ?

I doubt nowadays that it reproduce the phase coupling that the tuner
is initially after, did you experiment on that side of the process ?

I still don't understand if you use a tension reserve in the string to
bring it to pitch , or is the string warmed to correct pitch (that
induce changes in iH I guess, how much I don't know, but a 35 °string
is toning softer than a 20 ° one) .

Have you experienced for curiosity, on the spectra changes with the
heat ?

Best Regards.

Isaac

Isaac OLEG