Fwd: Glue / OT

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:21:09 +0100

Hello,

The main advantage I see in using hot hide glue is that it allows
minute adjustment in case boring is a little off, once set no need to
worry about farther move.

I don't change so many hammers that I could say I have a lot of
experience with one or the other method, (4 sets last year)  but
indeed I've find that vinyl based glue tend to twist a tad when
drying, and that working time  of hide glue may be lengthened by
judicious heating of the parts while gluing (a heat gun does the
trick, but in some factories I was said they use hot panels where the
hammer heads transit before gluing.

I also find it easier to unglue/reglue hide glue in any case.
With a less jointive system between hammer/shank hammer glue like the
one sold by Andre are a must, one may agree then that the joint
between shank and head may be a little thicker and less hard in the
end.

The most generally accepted concept is that the fit may be the
tightest possible for a given glue.

Best Regards & Merry all .

Isaac OLEG

Isaac OLEG