word wrap test

Andy Rudoff andy@rudoff.com
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 15:22:47 -0700 (MST)

>    As far as I can tell, I have my settings to wrap text automatically at
>76 characters, yet in the archives, they're strung out a mile long and I'm
>not sure what
>gives

Your message above was wrapped at 76 characters exactly as you expected
(the dots wrapped correctly too).  And if you look your message up in
the archive you'll see the wrapped message body as expected.  The message
you posted right before it was not wrapped, as the archives also show.
Of course, most mail reading programs wrap text like that, where there
are no carriage returns (or "newlines") in the paragraph, so unwrapped
text may appear to contain returns depending on the mail reader.  But
the pianotech archives don't wrap like that, instead providing a horizontal
scroll bar.

Anyway, whatever you changed between your last post and the post above
did the trick.  And if you didn't change anything, well then you scared
off the software bug gremlins apparently (but they always come back).

-andy